Telstra Cyber Influence Manager, Blair Adamson, joins Cybsafe’s Oz Alashe to discuss, among other things, his unusual job title. After clarifying what “cyber influence” actually means, Blair goes on to discuss how security professionals can improve the way people interact with technology.
Did you enjoy the interview?
Why not share it with others! Use #PEEPSEC19 TO KEEP THE CONVERSATION GOING
Blair leads Telstra’s Cyber Influence team and has extensive experience across government, intelligence and private industry, having worked in various senior management advisory roles in the Department of Defence, the Australian Signals Directorate and the SANS Institute. Blair believes that cyber security is as much about people as it is about technology and, as Telstra’s Cyber Influence Manager, sets the direction on delivering innovative programmes designed to foster a strong cyber security culture. Blair was also responsible for leading the application of Telstra’s Five Knows of Cyber Security across the enterprise.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- What the term “cyber influence” means
- Why it’s easier to talk about cyber security now than it has been in the past, and what conversations around security should look like
- Three levers that can influence behaviour
- How the security community can increase the power of security messages
- What Blair really likes about the security community