Dr John Blythe
Head of Behavioural Science at CybSafe
Oz Alashe, CEO of CybSafe, is joined by Dr John Blythe, Head of Behavioural Science at CybSafe. They discuss Dr Blythe’s research on the use of punishment in managing human cyber risk. They look at the effect of digital transformation and Internet of Things devices on cyber crime. And they talk about the personalisation of behaviour change interventions and the impact of COVID-19 on cyber security.
- John’s background and his journey into working in cyber security.
- Has there become a greater focus on the human aspect of cyber security in the past 10 years?
- The implications of punishment in organisations.
- Personalisation of behaviour change interventions encouraging security behaviours.
- How do we encourage people to care about what happens to their data?
[tweetshareinline tweet=”A lot of the time, the policies and systems that we use just are not usable for people so they will circumvent. – Dr John Blythe, CybSafe”]
John is Head of Behavioural Science at CybSafe and a Chartered Psychologist with the British Psychological Society. He has a PhD in psychology and over eight years’ experience in researching the connections between people and cyber security. John is passionate about helping people use technology in the most effective, safe and productive way they can.